Wales
by Rebecka Stewart
Plop,
plop
Drip,
drop
The
sound of rain
Upon
the pane,
Is
sound you know so well-
If
in Wales
you do dwell.
Gray
skies, clouds that fly
Over
the land, across the sky,
Is
the sight you know so well-
If
in Wales
you do dwell.
Bitter
taste, warm embrace
Cooling
milk, not done in haste,
Is
the tea you know so well-
If
in Wales
you do dwell.
‘Just
a bit’, ‘How’s the weather’
‘Now-in
a minute’, ‘Not ill, but better’,
Is
the speech you know so well-
If
in Wales
you do dwell.
Smell
of rain, blazing fire,
Welsh
cakes, scent of shire
Are
the smells you know so well-
If
in Wales
you do dwell.
Baking
bread, cleaning house
Gardening
and singing loud,
Are
the things you know so well-
If
in Wales
you do dwell.
Warm
hearts, kind speech
Many
hymns and many creeds,
Are
the people you know so well-
If
in Wales
you do dwell.
Green
fields, white sheep
Loving
hearts, friends I’ll keep,
Is
the Wales
I know so well-
Since
in Wales
I do dwell.
1 comment:
Love it Rebecka! x
Post a Comment